Boy this day just flew by. Time goes by quickly when your having fun cooking. Since I got my 6qt Artisan Kitchen Aid Mixer in the beginning of January I have used it at least once a day. It surely makes cooking easier and enjoyable. Today I made the Strawberry Pie again. (See recipe & pictures in Day Five). I really think its the best pie ever. I also made Oven Fried Chicken and Buttermilk Biscuits. Yummy. Still haven't practiced shooting this week. Very bad girl. Oh well there is always tomorrow.
Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
1 whole chicken cut into pieces
1 cup miracle whip or mayonnaise (I used miracle whip)
2 cups Panko Seasoned Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place Panko Crumbs in a large rectangle glass dish
3. Coat chicken pieces with the miracle whip or mayonnaise
4. Place chicken in Panko Crumb dish and coat till well covered
5. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish for 45 to 60 minutes. (Check at 45 minutes. Chicken is done when juices run clear)
Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
3 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl
3. Cut in butter and shortening until its somewhat crumbly
4. Gradually stir in (at lowest mixing speed) 3/4 cup buttermilk until all the flour is scraped off the sides of the bowl
5. With slightly floured rolling pin on a slightly floured surface roll out dough to desired thickness & cut into desired biscuit size.
6. Bake in over for approximately 8-10 minutes.