Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day Two

Today's agenda consisted of one resume submission to KForce for an accounting position. (Wish me luck) Then I started my cooking adventures for the day.  I didn't get to practice shooting today oh well there is always tomorrow.
Menu: Beef Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy & Cornbread.  (See Pics).  I decided to abandon all of the recipes I found for the Beef Roast and created my own. The Cornbread recipe I used was from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/golden-sweet-cornbread/

Beef Roast Recipe:
  4 lb beef roast
  1 tablespoon Italian Spice
  1 tablespoon black pepper
  1 tablespoon salt
  1 tablespoon black pepper
  1 tablespoon onion powder
  1 tablespoon garlic powder
  2 cups beef broth

1.  Place beef roast in 6qt or larger crock-pot.

2.  Use half of the spices above and cover roast turn over and use the remainder of the
spices to cover other side of roast. Pour beef broth over roast.

3.  Cook on high for 5 hours.  (turn roast over mid-way)

4.  Remove roast and chop into desired portions.

5.  Prepare brown gravy by using 3 cups of the broth from the crock pot and your favorite brown gravy recipe.

6.  Place roast back in crock pot and cover with brown gravy.  (Note: leave some gravy to the side for the mashed potatoes)

7.  Put crock pot on low heat till tender.

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment